I've finally jumped on the blog train!
I'll start by explaining my blog title.
It was March 17, 2007 when a dear friend took me canoeing in his canoe. He showed up at my house dressed like the Crocodile Hunter and I was dressed like a typical college co-ed with shorts and flip flops. He took me to a culvert and we put the canoe in there, I should have known what I was getting into. :-)
We told my parents we would be back at 1. However this creek we were traversing hadn't been touched since Hurricane Ivan in 2004, so there were log jams every few feet. We were spending more time out of the canoe weilding machetes than we did in the canoe using paddles! It took us three hours to go half a mile and our intended path was 3 miles!
Halfway through our intended path I seriously considered whacking my friend over the head with my paddle when that "still, small voice" that I had come to recognize as God's voice told me "this is what your life with him will be like". Uh oh...
At midnight that night we were finally pulled out of the swamp we ended up in after SAR circling us for hours.
November of that year we were joined as husband and wife and true to His word, our lives have been one log jam after another. Here is a brief description of our four years of marriage (so far)
Married November 2007
Moved to Randolph AFB the next day
Found out we were pregnant three weeks later
Moved to Jacksonville, Florida six months after our wedding
Had Miss Tornado in August 2008
Moved to Whidbey Island, Washington June 2009
Found out that we were pregnant in July 2009
Lost that child a month later
Found out we were pregnant again October 2009
DH deployed May 2010
Mr. Man Puppy was born in July 2010 in our first homebirth
October 2010 DH switched careers in the Navy
November 2010 DH returned home
January 2011 we found that we were pregnant again!
March 2011 we moved to Hawaii
September 2011 Miss Baby Bird was born in our second homebirth.
That's 4 moves, 4 pregnancies and 3 children in 4 years! It's been an eventful life together and all these hurdles have strengthened us as individuals and as a family. God has been good!
No comments:
Post a Comment