After all the fun we came home and I got the two younger kiddos off to naptime. Miss Tornado doesn't nap anymore, so I had to find something to keep her busy so I could work on my homework for my International Relations class. At the craft store I had seen a mix bag of beads and a segmented plastic container and decided that it was time that Miss Tornado learned how to sort and string beads. I sat her down at the table with her new treasure trove and put a bead into each segment of the container and told her to put all the colors where they belonged. This went much better than I ever dreamed!
Here is Miss Tornado getting started!
There were more colors than segments in the container, so we used snack baggies for the other colors
Mommy's "busy work"
The look on her face is a bit goofy, but here is my proud Tornado! She did the ENTIRE bag! I started her off with a quarter of the bag, expecting her to lose interest quickly, but she did all this in an hour of sitting (mostly) still! She did suffer a fall off of the chair and a bump on her chin, but that is par for the course with her!
Seeing her proud of her achievements makes my heart feel so full!
Wonderful Job!!! She is one smart cookie! LOL So beautiful too!!!!
ReplyDelete