Well, Baby Bird is now showing some of the same signs and I realized I had to give up dairy once again. So now I am going on 48 hours of dairy free, no changes in Baby Bird yet, but it can take a while for the dairy to leave the system. This time I am much more prepared. I found a website godairyfree.org filled with great recipes and restaurant tips. Our health food store even carries Soy Milk Ice Cream!Today I cooked my first meal from the dairy free website. Sticky Coconut Chicken! Talk about yummy! Miss Tornado liked it, Man-Puppy didn't, but it was a spicy for him. It was just me and the kiddos tonight, so I don't know what DH has to say about it, I will find out later tonight when he gets home.
Sticky Coconut Chicken
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Prepare Chicken: Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Pull the thighs open and lay flat in a shallow baking dish. Add coconut milk, ginger, and both kinds of pepper to coat chicken. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour, and up to one day.
Cook Chicken: Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degree for 20 to 30 minutes; or sauté the thighs over medium high heat until cooked through.
Prepare Glaze: While the chicken is cooking, combine the rice vinegar through the crushed red pepper in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until the mixture is reduce to about 1/3 to 1/2 cup, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Serve: Pour the chili glaze over the chicken and sprinkle with the green onions. Serve over a bed of brown rice or quinoa.
Sticky Coconut Chicken." 2004. Web. 2 Mar. 2012. <http://www.godairyfree.org/Recipes/Entrees/Sticky-Coconut-Chicken-Gluten-Free-Nut-Free.html>.
That does sound yummy! Wonder if it would work with chicken breast?
ReplyDelete