The Log Jam Family

The Log Jam Family

Thursday, May 10, 2012

An Update on Us!

Sunday will make two months since DH left on deployment and boy has it been an eventful two months. I have seen the best of people who have pulled together to support us, and I've seen the worst who try to serve their own means. It has been a difficult two months, but I am so thankful for my dear friends and my "second mom" who have been my shoulders to cry on and who love on the kids so much. The kids absolutely love their grandma-like babysitter and it really warms my heart to see Baby Bird jump up and down in her excersaucer when the babysitter gets to the house. Even Man-Puppy has started warming up to her! My housecleaner has been a God-send as well. She is a sweet Texan lady who is like a cleaning hawk! She is a little intimidating when she gets into her cleaning "groove" and she always blows away my expectations! I called to thank her the other day and she choked up and told me that she rarely gets thanked for her work. It is nice to know that I am also a blessing to people in a time when I am receiving boundless blessings myself.

Mother's Day is coming up and it is a little bittersweet. I just sent a mother's day card to my mother-in-law and I bought myself some facial stuff for my own mother's day gift to myself. ;-) Without DH here, Mother's Day just doesn't have the same excitement. The kids are too young to do something on their own, so we are just going to focus on having a nice day. After church we are going to go to the NEX to meet some Medal of Honor recipients to get autographs and take pictures with them. I think it will be a great thing for the kids. I think I will try to get a picture with the kids with at least one recipient and frame it with the autograph. It will make a great homeschool conversation starter when the kids are older! I am so glad to have opportunities like this for the kids! They won't remember it, but I will tell them one day. We might do a unit study on the Medal of Honor one day. :-D

This deployment has been harder than the last one. Vetran military wives have told me that this is normal though. That sucks, but at least I know what to expect. We don't get to communicate with DH as much as last time, so that makes it a little more difficult. We send him care packages though, and he loves receiving them. I did handprints with Miss Tornado and Man-Puppy with finger paints, then laminated them to send him. He showed me where he had hung them up whereas most of his coworkers had hung up *questionable* posters and calendars. It is so amazing having married a family man who cares. Seeing him so involved with our kiddos heals so many hurts in my own heart. I couldn't have asked for a better father for my children. Soon we will be taking patriotic pictures of the kids and myself to send to him. :-) Miss Tornado picked out some twin sized "Cars" sheets for DH's bunk when he asked us to send bedding. I hope he likes them, knowing that it was she that picked them out.

The kids are so big now! I weighed and measured Baby Bird the other night for her 7 month stats and found that she weighs 16lbs 11.5oz and 26 3/4 inches. The EXACT same size Man-Puppy was at his first birthday. It really puts into perspective the issues he has overcome to get where he is. We have an appointment with a nutritionist tomorrow to address his anemia since his ped is completely clueless about nutrition. She lost a huge chunk of my confidence when she told me that he is anemic because he still nurses. It reminds me of a joke I heard once. "What do other Drs call the guy who graduated at the bottom of his med school class? ...... Dr." lol Hopefully we can figure out what is going on and address it. Being anemic myself, I want to take care of this soon.

We went to a craft fair the other day. We all had a blast! Here is a picture of the kids in their hooded towels I bought them at the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment