*Sigh* This deployment is 1/8ths done now! Today marked one month since DH left and boy has it been a doozie. Just when I think nothing else could go wrong, something else blows up. I am being taught a lot about patience. It is so great to know that I have so many people in my corner. Whenever I need to talk to someone, there is usually someone willing to let me cry on their shoulder. It's always nice to be loved. They really go out of their way to help me out. When times get tough you really find out who your friends are. <3
Miss Tornado had another difficult night at Cubbies. Her developmental pediatrics evaluation can't come soon enough. The sooner we get her some help the better. As she gets older, it is getting more obvious that she has a sensory processing disorder. It breaks my heart when I see her trying to interact with her peers and they try to avoid her after a while. Her concept of personal space is very skewed. Once we can get her into occupational therapy I know she will finally have the tools she needs to relate better.
I think Man-Puppy is cutting more molars, poor baby. When we are home he crawls into my lap a few times a day and tugs at my shirt to be nursed. This is a change since before DH left he only nursed at night before bedtime. Now he wants to nurse three or four times a day. Today at Puggles though they told me what a special little guy he is. <3 They really like him in there. It is nice to see him come out of his shell. He may be really super small for his age, but he has a huge heart.
Baby Bird is chunking up so well! We started solids last week and she sure loves them. Not as much as mama milk, but she does get excited when she sees the baby food come out! She is very mobile now and there isn't much onthe floor that she can't get to with some carefully calculated rolls. I like to call her "thunder thighs". Having a chunky baby after having a super small baby is such a relief.
I've started getting the books for my summer reading list. Hunger Games is my first book, then The World is Flat, and then an autobiography of a sniper (I can't remember the title) is next. I am excited about it!
Tomorrow marks one week since starting "Operation Hot Homecoming". I will weigh myself and see if I lost anything this week. I don't feel like I have, I need to watch my food intake a little more closely.
I got to talk to DH for all of 5 minutes today. I wasn't expecting ot hear from him, but our skype call was ended suddenly and we didn't get to say goodbye. This spotty internet connection problem he has over there is super sucky. At least the kids got to say "Hi". I know that made Miss Tornado happy. She had been asking me to call him for a couple of days now.
I need to go work out and then do some housework before bed.
We are starting to go down that road with E too. With him, it will be speech, occupational, and possibly other therapies.
ReplyDelete